Scouting in Lichfield for over 100 years! Beaver, Cub and Scout Group meetings in North Lichfield.
Beaver Section FAQs
1st Lichfield (St Chads) Scout GroupBeavers, Cubs and Scout Group meetings in North Lichfield.
Beavers Section FAQ’s
1. Where do we meet
2. When do we meet
3. Age range
4. Directions to camps and other events
5. How much does it cost
6. Uniform – where to get it
7. Uniform – what to get
9. Badges – where to sew them
10. Badges – what do you do to get them
11. Investiture – what’s it all about
12. The Beaver Promise
- 1. Where do we meet
- We generally meet at the Leasowe Hall – see “How to find us” for directions.
- 2. When do we meet?
- Every Monday from 5:30pm – 6:30pm. Beavers take breaks at the same times as school holidays.
- 3. Age range
- Age 6 to 7 (inclusive).
- 4. Directions to camps and other events
- Click here to view directions to camps and other events.
- 5. How much does it cost?
- We ask children to pay subs which cover the cost of meetings – check out “Subs and Gift Aid” for further details.
- 6. Uniform – Where to get it
- Uniform is available locally in Lichfield City Centre from :
- Buxton and Bonnet
- 6-10 Bakers La, Lichfield, WS13 6NF.
- Tel. 01543 262 071
- Uniforms Plus
- 38 Tamworth Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 6JJ.
- Tel. 01543 255 474
- 7. Uniform – What to get
- The only essential item in the Beaver uniform is a :
- Turquoise Beaver Sweatshirt
- They will receive a Woggle and Necker when they are invested.
- 8. Camps
- Given the young age of Beavers we don’t take them on overnight camps but they do go on day camps where they take part in a range of outdoor activities suitable for their age.
- Details of these will be given out when they take place but check out our “Camps” pages for more general information.
- 9. Badges – Where to sew them
- If you click on the link below it will open a diagram showing you exactly where to sew your Beaver badges.
- Click here for Beavers badge locations
- 10. Badges – What do you do to get them?
- There are many badges that Beavers can be awarded, too many to mention here but if you click on the link below it will open up the national scout website showing details of all Beaver badges.
- Scoutbase – Beavers Badges link
- 11. Investiture – What is it all about?
- Beavers get invested and make their Promise soon after they join the group.
- For this, the group and its leaders stand in a circle, the Beaver Leader stands next to the new member(s) and explains that they are going to become Beavers. Everyone makes the Scout sign and says the Beaver Promise together – new beavers do not say the Beaver Promise on their own but they should learn it so that they can say it along with all the other Beavers.
- Then the Beaver Leader welcomes the new Beaver into the group and the worldwide family of scouts. The new Beaver receives their world membership badge, county and district badges, group scarf, woggle and the group name tape.
- If a welcoming handshake is offered, the Scout left handshake should be used.
- 12. The Beavers Promise
- The Beavers promise is :
- I promise to do my best,
- to be kind and helpful,
- and to love God.
© 1st Lichfield Beavers Cubs Scouts Group